Cigna gets 24 Foundation. They hate cancer. They sponsor 24 Foundation. They field a team of riders who raise thousands of dollars each year to support the cancer community. Cigna’s President of the Carolinas even rides on the Booty Loop at least twice a week to improve his own health. This year, he and the Cigna team will be out in full force again to help fight cancer.
On the flip side, 24 Foundation gets Cigna. We get their passion for inspiring people to see the best in themselves. We get their commitment to improving the health, well being and sense of security of the customers they serve. We get their commitment to making our community so great.
The rate at which cancer is being diagnosed is astonishing. Taking control over our own health and wellness may be one of the best preventative measures we can take. This is something we all get.
We want to know – how has your participation in 24 Foundation helped you reach a health or wellness goal? Did you pick up a bike for the first time in years? Were you a former cyclist, inspired to ride again? Have you always been fit, but 24 Foundation inspired you to reach a different goal? Are you currently working to reach a personal mileage or weight loss goal through 24 Foundation?
Fill out the form below and tell us. We will compile all the entries and have a committee pick a winner who will get one of the cool prizes below. Cigna wants to celebrate your hard work – because when you do something to better yourself AND help others, everyone wins.
- A fit bit
- FREE registration for 24 Foundation Charlotte 2019
- A Team Cigna cycling dry fit shirt
First and Second Runner Up will receive a Team Cigna dry-fit shirt.
Entries will only be accepted through the 24 Foundation website. Please limit entries to 400 words. All entries must be submitted by Friday, July 20th, 2018 at 12 noon. A winner will be announced at Awards Ice Cream Social at the 24 Hours of Booty event on July 28th at 4:00pm. Only 24 Foundation and Reboot participants are eligible.
A big thanks to Cigna for their support of the mission of 24 Foundation and the fight against cancer!
The Fine Print
- Eligibility: This essay contest is open to all participants registered for the 24 Foundation Charlotte event and Reboot for 2018. 24 Foundation and Cigna employees are not eligible.
- Agreement to rules: Participation in the essay contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement to the decisions of 24 Foundation, which are final. All prizes are contingent on availability of apparel sizes and are not transferable. 24 Foundation reserves the right to substitute prizes as needed.
- Period: The essay contest will close Friday, July 20 at 12 noon.
- Entry: Entries will only be accepted through a survey upload on the contest website. Only one entry per person. Nominations will not be accepted.
- Selection: 24 Foundation will assign the essays to be read by a volunteer group who will select the contest finalists. 24 Foundation and Cigna will select the final contest winner and runner ups.
- Release of Liability: By participating in this contest, you agree to releases and hold harmless 24 Foundation, CIGNA Healthcare and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors from any claim arising from your participation in this contest or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
- Privacy: By submitting an essay you give 24 Foundation and Cigna permission to use your story in event related newsletters, blogs and social media efforts. The winner may be asked to participate in promotional and public relations activities related to the 24 Foundation, including but not limited to media interviews, photos and videos. The winning essays may be made available to broader audiences on 24foundation.org, CIGNA.com or Cigna & You.
- Tax Implications: All participants who receive more than $600 in incentives must fill out a 1099-MISC as per the IRS. This may result in taxable income for you and you should consult a tax professional with questions.