This July, we’re back on the Loop to celebrate twenty years of 24 Hours of Booty! As we step into our 20th year of work in the Charlotte community, 24 Foundation remains committed to changing the course of cancer for survivors and their families across the Charlotte region.
The twentieth 24 Hours of Booty is celebration of a summer of endless hope! As always, 24 Hours of Booty benefits our partners Atrium Health’s Levine Cancer Institute, Levine Children’s Hospital, and other organizations committed to providing supportive oncology resources to our local cancer community.
What you need to know for 24 Hours of Booty, taking place in-person and UnLooped July 30th – 31st from 7:00 pm – 7:00 pm:
The event will take place from 7 p.m. Friday, July 30 – 7 p.m. Saturday, July 31, with a combination of ‘UnLooped’ and ‘Looped’ activities. The scaled-back ‘Looped’ ride and walk will take place Saturday, July 31 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. on the “Booty Loop” in Charlotte’s Myers Park neighborhood. To gain access to the course, participants must reach the below-mentioned fundraising benchmarks. Registration fees are $45 for adults and $25 for children.
THE LOOP GAME PLAN
To keep in compliance with CDC and state guidelines regarding COVID-19, the eight-hour event will include five one-hour rider blocks with 30-minute breaks in between to prepare for the next block of participants. Walkers are welcome on the public sidewalks during the event time.
• The rider blocks will be limited to registered cancer survivors and a registered family member for the first block, followed by fundraising levels of $1,500 and up and members of the top 15 teams assigned to other block times throughout the day.
• Those who qualify through their fundraising level or top-15 team ranking to ride the course during the allotted time can also do their own team riding and gatherings off the Loop during the remaining times of the 24-hour event.
• While there will not be Bootyville this year, there will be a hydration station for participants to refuel and re-hydrate.
• Existing participants can choose the difference in their original full price registration fee to be donated to the cancer community, or can request for their full registration to be refunded. The DEADLINE to request a refund is: TUESDAY, JUNE 1. Please contact Cass Hibbard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-365-4417, ext. 101 if you would like to make changes to your existing registration.
While we aren’t able to be back in full this year, we are excited for the opportunity to have a modified in-person offering that will keep everyone socially distanced and safe on and off the course, while continuing to make a big impact through fundraising to support our cancer community.
Participants who do not meet the individual or team fundraising benchmarks to gain access to the course on Saturday will still enjoy a multitude of fun and engaging experiences off the Loop. ‘UnLooped’ activities include:
• Participate in the 24 Hours of Booty scavenger hunt
• Visit partner restaurants for a sweet treat or a cold beverage
• Explore our ‘mission trail’ map of fun places to visit on bike or on foot
• Visit the 24 Foundation Pop-Up store for Booty swag
• Join other participants for an off-loop group ride
• Get your face painted at our Kid Zone Pop-Up station
• Plus many more options for adults and children alike
We also encourage “UnLooped” participants to create their own 24 Hours of Booty experience in their yard and neighborhood to spark hope for those impacted by cancer. Activities can range from bike riding, running, hiking, yoga, fitness challenges, midnight pizza and luminary displays to chalk art and camp outs. 24 Foundation will also have live streaming and virtual events to engage with participants during the 24-hour period.
UnLooped and In-Person event participation
Adult registration: $45, no fundraising minimum*
Child registration (11 and under): $25, no fundraising minimum*
*to gain access to the course during our Looped portion of the event on Saturday, July 31st, participants must raise $1,500 or be members of one of our top 15 fundraising teams.