This February, it’s your chance to take big steps for small heroes in Charlotte. 24 Foundation is committed to changing the course of cancer for survivors big… and small, which is why the second annual 24,000 Mile Challenge provides funding to our pediatric oncology beneficiaries Levine Children’s Hospital, Claire’s Army, and Pinky Swear Foundation.
The 24,000 Mile Challenge is an exciting build-your-own event using walking, running, rowing, jumping, swimming, yes, even biking. However you choose to move on February 5, 2022, you’ll help us achieve our audacious goal of conquering 24,000 miles moving around Charlotte together. Learn more and register today!
Our 2022 24,000 Mile Challenge event guide is coming soon! Get ready for our challenge to begin February 5th.
Don’t forget to visit any of our local double-dip locations to double your miles automatically! Log your final mile totals here and help us reach our 24,000 mile goal! Plus, when you tag us on Facebook or Instagram (@24_foundation) with your event photos, you’ll be entered to win some amazing prizes!
If you haven’t yet, order your event tee today, to pick up at one of our packet pick-up locations the week of the 24,000 Mile Challenge!
The 2022 24,000 Mile Challenge Event Guide is here!
What You Need to Know for the 24,000 Mile Challenge
Each registration includes:
• 24 Foundation drawstring bag
• 26oz Water Bottle
• 24,000 Mile Vinyl Sticker
• Big Steps for Small Heroes Participant Bib
• Big Steps for Small Heroes Long Sleeve T-Shirt for an additional cost
How to participate:
• Choose your course. We recommend starting at Freedom Park, where you can check in with us at our Cheer Station (and find some goodies and giveaways), and run the 3-mile Little Sugar Creek Greenway path to CPCC!
• Recruit a big crew to join your efforts – whether you come together in-person or participate from a distance.
• Recruit a local business to sponsor your miles
• Log your miles using our Google Form.
Earn some swag!
The impact we make starts with participant fundraising. By raising $150 or more for this worthy cause you’ll receive a custom knit hat to sport all winter.
When will I receive the items included with registration?
We will host packet pick-up a few days before the event at area Charlotte Running Co. locations.
– Tuesday, February 1, 2022 | CRC Riverwalk | 3pm – 6pm
– Wednesday, February 2, 2022 | CRC Lake Norman | 3pm – 6pm
– Thursday, February 3, 2022 | CRC Dilworth | 12pm – 6pm
– Friday, February 4, 2022 | CRC Promenade | 12pm – 6pm
Do I have to reach a fundraising minimum?
There is not a fundraising minimum. However, we encourage you to fundraise as much as you feel comfortable. Every dollar you fundraise helps us support the cancer community.
How do I record my miles?
This year we are using a Google Form to collect our total miles. You can submit yours here.