The 24,000 Mile Challenge is a new event using walking, running, rowing, jumping, swimming, yes, even biking. However you choose to move January 9th and 10th, you’ll help us achieve our audacious goal of conquering 24,000 miles moving around Charlotte together.
The 24,000 Mile Challenge directly benefits our beneficiary partners, like Levine Children’s Hospital, who dedicate each day to improving the care and quality of life for pediatric cancer patients and their families. Learn more and register today!
What You Need to Know for the 24,000 Mile Challenge
Each registration includes:
• 24 Foundation drawstring bag
• 26oz Water Bottle
• 24,000 Mile Challenge Magnet
• Big Steps for Small Heroes Participant Bib
• Balloons and other fun items to help you celebrate
• Big Steps for Small Heroes T-Shirt for an additional $24
How to participate:
• Choose your course
• Get ready with our Charlotte Running Co.’s running and walking training programs
• Log your miles (more details coming soon!)
• Recruit a big crew to join your efforts – whether you come together in-person or virtually
• Recruit a local business to sponsor your miles
Earn some swag!
The impact we make starts with participant fundraising. By raising $100 or more for this worthy cause you’ll receive a custom knit hat to sport all winter.
When will I receive the items included with registration?
We will have contactless packet pick-up a few days before the event. Time and location are TBD, and we will communicate those details once we have them.
Do I have to reach a fundraising minimum?
There is not a fundraising minimum. However, we encourage you to fundraise as much as you feel comfortable. Every dollar you fundraise helps us support the cancer community.
How do I record my miles?
We will send out an email to all participants with details of how to record your miles before event weekend.