Our passion for championing cancer survivorship and changing the course of cancer runs deep. Through our three annual events and our year round approach to raising funds that benefit survivorship navigation programs throughout the U.S., we are able to bring tangible hope and equipment to those in the midst of their own cancer journeys.
This year, we are thrilled to expand our impact through several community-minded partners.
In addition to our five primary beneficiaries – Carolinas HealthCare System’s Levine Cancer Institute, Levine Children’s Hospital, Indiana University Health Simon Cancer Center, Ulman Cancer Center for Young Adults and the LIVESTRONGFoundation – 24 Foundation will also support:
- Carolina Breast Friends (CBF) provides supportive services and mentorship connection among those going through breast cancer wherever they are in their journey and supports them with compassion and care. Says CBF Executive Director Melonee Hostetler, “What an amazing partnership between 24 Foundation and Carolina Breast Friends! Our missions are united: care and support for those going through breast cancer. The leadership of Carolina Breast Friends expresses gratitude to the 24 Foundation for the 2017 grant approval, and we can’t wait to see what we can accomplish together.”
- The GoJenGo Foundation was founded in Charlotte in 2009 by a local tri-athlete, mom, and breast cancer survivor, Jen Pagani. Its mission is to provide financial assistance to local women and families in treatment for breast cancer. “24 Foundation has long championed our shared commitment to cancer navigation and survivorship, and with their support, we have continued to expand our reach to over 300 hundred families in the local community. We are grateful to the 24 Foundation and are committed to the success of the 24 Hours of Booty event!,” said Christopher Pagani, board chair of GoJenGo.
- Hospitality House of Charlotte provides the comforts of home for families of seriously ill loved ones by offering affordable accommodations in the heart of Charlotte’s medical community. “We are thrilled to partner with 24 Foundation to launch our Guest Assistance Program (GAP) Cancer Fund to alleviate some of the heavy financial burdens our cancer families often carry,” said Carrie Howell, executive director of Hospitality House of Charlotte. “A $20,000 gift to this Fund will provide over 333 nights of lodging at no cost to cancer patients and their families so they can rest and recharge in order to face the battles that lie ahead.”
- Wind River Cancer Wellness Retreats offers wellness retreats, programs, and healthy-lifestyle support (nutrition and exercise) to cancer survivors of all types and all stages at NO COST to survivors. “Through our strong relationship with the 24 Foundation and their generous support, we can help survivors work on the non-medical aspects of cancer and provide them the strength and skills to manage their cancer journey,” said Shannon Carney, co-founder of Wind River Cancer Wellness Retreats. “We are excited to once again be part of this year’s 24 Hours of Booty event and look forward to supporting all of the riders in Bootyville through our annual Wind River Smoothie Tent.”
- Casting for Recovery® (CfR) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded in 1996 featuring a unique program that combines breast cancer education and peer support with the therapeutic sport of fly fishing. “There is an overwhelming need for survivorship programs like CfR which help women heal emotionally, physically and spiritually following their diagnosis. Support from the 24 Foundation will allow us to reach and serve more Indiana women,” said CfR Program Manager Erika Michanowicz. “The CfR Indiana team runs one of our longest standing programs, so this expansion is particularly meaningful.”
Each of these services are made available to cancer survivors [and their families] due to the incredible efforts of our donors, event participants, Board and staff. 24 Foundation is having an immediate, positive, impact on the lives of people affected by cancer every day!
The 2017 grant beneficiaries are also benefitting from two of 24 Foundation’s signature non-competitive cycling and walking events in Charlotte, NC and Indianapolis, IN. 24 Indianapolis took place in the Butler Tarkington Neighborhood June 23-24. The 16th Annual 24 Hours of Booty presented by Levine Cancer Institute will take place in Charlotte’s Myers Park neighborhood from 7:00PM Friday, July 28 to 7:00PM Saturday, July 29. For more information, visit www.24foundation.org/register.